Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!! Aaron and I had a pretty good Turkey day. I've always loved Thanksgiving, and although it was not anything like what I had growing up (we lacked about 45 extra bodies), it was still very nice. It was small, just the two of us, but we enjoyed the day. I woke up early and got started on the cooking, and cooked for a few hours and I have to say that just wore me out! But it was mostly from washing the dishes since we don't have enough space or dishes, and it got really hot in the house with the oven and stove going so that didn't help. But we got everything finished and had a nice dinner. We had turkey (of course), homemade cranberry sauce for the turkey, homemade stuffing, green been casserole, ambrosia salad, mashed potatoes, gravy, and sweet potato souffle. We have more food than you could possibly believe, which means we will be eating leftovers for some time. Aaron made the sweet potato souffle last night and I actually liked it. For those of you that don't know, I'm not a fan of yams at all. But it was mixed with a bunch of other things that really toned down the flavor of the yams and it was actually quite good. Today as I was cooking I thought of my Grandma Penrod a lot. We always had Thanksgiving with my mom's family and my Grandma and Grandpa Penrod always made it so special, and I don't know how my Grandma always managed to make such wonderful dinners for that many people, let alone how they stood all of us running around the house for the entire day. After today, I just decided that she must be Wonderwoman!


Even Remy and Cooper had Thanksgiving

After we ate and cleaned up the kitchen, I fell asleep on the couch while Aaron watched a football game. (Football always does that to me.) Then Aaron and I went and saw the movie Australia, it was very good, although they really could have found a way to make it shorter. All in all we had a great day! Most importantly, it was good to reflect on all of my blessings and all the things that I am thankful for. I have been given so much and I am so thankful for what I have been given. It is truly humbling when I think of everything that I have.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! Sometimes it can be nice to keep the numbers small. :)

Jessica Davis said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You out did yourself. Wow, what a feast! I am so glad you had such a fantastic B-Day! Still no baby but I will let you know when there is.

Anonymous said...

Yoir dinner sounds and looks delicious! You are a great cook. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving, we missed you.

Christina said...

Marjean I am soooooo super impressed! It was just Darin and I this year and we only made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup! I am a terrible wife! But we were on our way to San Diego too, so I guess I have an excuse...kind of!