Saturday, November 1, 2008

Family

So I know it has been a really long time since I last blogged, but Aaron and I are still alive and kicking. This last week my aunt Lea passed away suddenly, and I was able to go down to Blanding to her funeral. I have had so many thoughts mulling around my brain over the last week regarding life and death. It was harder than I thought that it would be, but at the same time, I am so grateful for the opportunity to go back home and say goodbye to Lea and pay my last respects to her. I wish I had a picture to post of her. She was a great and noble lady. She was beloved by most people who knew her. In fact, the fourth ward choir who sang at her funeral, many of them were very tearful during her funeral, and I am sure she had a big impact on their lives as well. She was such a happy person and shared that happy personality with all who came into contact with her. She was a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, friend, and neighbor. She was a wonderful teacher and an accomplished artist. She painted beautiful pictures. Lea was a perfect fit for my uncle Elmer, and they have always been there throughout my life. It broke my heart to see my uncle Elmer hurting as he was, especially since the Hurst's are not ones to show emotion. I am definitely more Penrod in that respect. It was good to see my family and to have closure. Thank you Dad and Mom for helping me to come home!

The only problem was that I missed my husband while I was away. But I have to brag about what a wonderful husband that I have. When I got home Aaron had the house all nice and clean, and he had a big bouquet of beautiful flowers for me. That melted my heart, and meant so much to me. Aaron is a very thoughtful person and has a way of providing little surprises that really help me. I love him so much and appreciate his kindness and thoughtfulness.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. Those relationships can get really close & I know it is hard to lose someone you care about! I'm glad you were able to go down and get some closure, and that you were able to come home to a loving husband!

Christina said...

Way to go Aaron!

I am so happy we have the gospel in our lives...it makes death so much easier to endure. I didn't know Lea very well but I love Elmer, and their kids.

BTW Preston shared his testimony today in church...he is such a cute boy! Reminds me of Lynn when he was younger. I can't believe how grown up those kids are.