Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Halloween Grinch

Yes, that is me, the Halloween Grinch. Let me explain. Yesterday at work, we have a Halloween party for the kids. We make a trail through the office and the kids stop at every cubicle and trick or treat so to speak. However, it is not that simple. Every inch of the DHS office was decorated to a tilt! When I got home from the funeral, this is what I saw by my cubicle...


And let me tell you, this isn't even close to what it looked like when every thing was finished. There were tunnels to walk through, scary music, automatic halloween "things" that moved and talked and the whole gammit. Then there was my cubicle....


As you can see, my cubicle isn't decorated one little tiny bit. Since I took off for a few days for my aunts funeral, I didn't have time to do anything to my cubicle. My cubicle was the only cubicle in the entire office that wasn't decorated... and I became known as the Halloween Grinch. My only saving grace Halloween afternoon was I bought a crazy wig that tons of kids starting laughing when they came by my cube and saw me. For some reason, they seemed to think it was very, very funny.

However, I did get into the Halloween spirit at least a little bit. Yes, I decorated my bunnies. As I was dressing them, I was laughing pretty hard, it was funny watching them hop around the house in their costumes! Funny thing was Remy handled it better than Cooper, and Cooper is usually the one who handles annoying things better. But they were so cute, and I laughed so hard because they acted so funny.


After taking pictures of my bunnies and me in our costumes, Aaron and I carved pumpkins. Aaron's pumpkin turned out awesome! It was a pack of wolves, although the picture isn't great. My pumpkin was stupid and wasn't worth taking a picture of, I don't have the skills that Aaron has.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids say, "I love you, Marjean!" It was really good to see you, if only for a few days. Your wig rocks! It makes me chuckle. And the bunnies are so cute! Happy Halloween!

Christina said...

I love that your bunnies had costumes! They really are so cute. I am so glad I got to see you in Blanding! Thanks for coming by...I was looking forward to you coming home, even though the circumstances were not good. I miss ya tons!

Jessica Davis said...

So sorry about your Aunt passing away. I need to call you! Your bunnies do look very cute and you are rockin that wig. I bet Aaron just couldn't keep his hands off of you! Bow Chicka Wow Wow!

gcotharn said...

Funny bunnies.

I never knew it, but it turns out I've always wanted to say that.