Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Well December came and went in a blur of work and activities. Aaron and I had a wonderful Christmas, although we were lucky to get out of Oregon. It had been snowing in Oregon and of course, Oregonians are not equipped to deal with snowy conditions. Our flight was supposed to leave early Saturday morning, but we did not get out until about 4:30, but we were lucky to get out. Our pilot informed us that we were the last flight out of PDX that day. Needless to say we were relieved, especially since there was a huge ice storm that came the next day, I don't think we would have made it out the next day either. It kind of put a damper on our plans, because we did not get to spend as much time with Paul and Mikelle and their family as we had planned. Sunday morning I drove up to Brigham City to see my friend Jessica and her new baby girl. Then Paul and Mikelle had a dinner party that night and we were able to catch up with some old friends. We had a good time. Annika and Sydney are getting so big, and they were so cute!

Monday we were going to drive to Blanding and stop and see my Grandma Penrod on the way. It started snowing like crazy and the roads in Utah County were horrible. I called UDOT to check the status of Spanish Fork Canyon, but chains or 4 wheel drive were required. Well, our little rental had neither, so we went to see my grandma and wait out the weather. It calmed down after a couple of hours and my aunt Jeanean suggested we go through Salina and then across I-70. We decided to do this, and the roads were still pretty bad in some areas, but overall, I know it was the safer route to go. Needless to say, it was a long day of traveling. I did get to see my grandma, which I was so thankful for. I love her so much and have missed her so much since moving to Oregon. It was weird being at her home without Grandpa, and I noticed his abscense quite a bit. I have so much in life because of them, and I was so grateful to be able to see my grandma.

While down in Blanding, we were able to visit with all of my immediate family. Lynn and Jaclyn came down from Salt Lake. It was fun to have all of my family together again. I was even able to go and visit my Uncle Elmer and he gave Aaron and I some of his fabulous chocolates. Last Christmas was the first Christmas in my whole life without them, and I really missed his yummy chocolates. Christmas Eve we had dinner with my family along with Uncle Elmer. Mom made a wonderful dinner and then we had our Christmas Eve program. It was so wonderful. The children entertained us with songs, Lynn read the Christmas story from Luke and we even had a surprise visit from Santa, which the kids (except Tate) loved!

Christmas morning brought a bounty of toys and gifts! Santa had been extra generous to the Hurst family this year! I loved watching the kids Christmas morning and seeing the excitement and happiness in their faces. I loved watching their faces light up. I had so much fun watching them open their gifts! This was the most fun thing about Christmas! It made me really excited for when Aaron and I have children. The kids loved Aaron and were always wanting Aaron. It was so cute! Aaron will be a great dad one day.

Aaron giving all three girls "horsey" rides.

Christmas Bounty

Megan, Marjean and Reese

Me and Megan ( I love this picture of Megan!)

The old girls (Jaclyn, Marjean, Mom and Melissa)

Dad's Christmas Project (Dad you did an awesome job!!)

Unfortunately, the weather also kept us from going down to Flagstaff to see Lynn, Joe, Rachel and Mama Jane and Papa Doc. We missed you!

Me and my sweetie!

All in all, we had a good trip, minus the few weather related problems. But we made it to Utah and then back to Oregon safely, which I am so thankful for! I am so thankful for all of my blessings that I have! I have so much! I am so thankful for my family, for my husband's family, and of course my wonderful husband Aaron! I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and all he has done! This is what Christmas is for me, everything else is just a bonus! I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season!!


4 comments:

Christina said...

I wish we had been in Utah to see you guys. Sounds like you had a whirl wind of a christmas! How fun! Happy New Year!

Jessica Davis said...

I am so glad you were able to come and see me! Sorry I was so tired when you came. I was definitely still on the mend and trying to get used to a lot less sleep. All worth it though. It sounds like you had a great time with your family. I will talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you tell events, your journaling is great! We had a great Christmas, didn't we?! It was so fun to have you here. I love that picture of Aaron giving the girls a ride, and us older girls. Will you email them to me? (My pictures weren't that good.)

Megan Mills said...

Marjean - you don't know me, but I'm an old friend of Aaron's from way back. I found your blog from Ryan Kendricks & Josh Butt's friends list. Since you probably read this more than Aaron, I thought I would give you a heads up. Our 10 year reunion is coming up this summer and the officers are trying to round up contact info. Check out my blog. Thanks and tell Aaron Hi for me. Megan (Anderson) Mills