Friday, March 20, 2009

Day Two

Well let's just say today went a lot smoother than day one. First thing we did was get a pain au chocolate (croissant baked with chocolate in the middle). After this, we went to the catacombs that lie underneath the city.
Aaron at the entrance which read "Halt, for this is the empire of death."

Me and thousands of bones.....

Our next stop was the Eiffel Tower, which had a line like you would not believe so we did not go up, but will try again another time.

After our short trip to the Eiffel Tower, we went to Hotel Des Invalides. This where Napolean is entombed. It is a very impressive building with a beautiful dome.
Napolean's tomb.
After visiting Napolean's tomb, we went to Musee de l'Armee, a war museum, which is dedicated, literally, to all of man's destruction of man. Interesting.... Anyways, we stayed mostly in the armor section of the museum. The pictures of the following armor, is of the armor for the royalty in the 15th century. You probably can't tell from the pictures, but the armour was very intricate.
After this we took a break and went back and had a nap, and then it was off to the Louvre.

My two favorite things in the Louvre tonight: Aaron and the statue The Winged Victory.

The much, much overrated Mona Lisa.
Me and my second favorite statue. Probably the only one who wasn't naked. Plus, it is of a woman hunter and her stag. Cool.

Well that's all for today. Stay tuned for our upcoming posts regarding our vacation. Love you all.

P.S. I love being on vacation, but I am learning so much about all I love about the very basics that make America great:
1)Bathroom Stalls
2)My bed
3) Showers in America (Although we have a very nice one for Europe)
4)Cold drinks
5)Ice
6)American grocery stores


2 comments:

Christina said...

FUN FUN! I wish I was there instead of packing up our house! Take a ton of pictures and soak up the freedom, fun you are having together!

Kim said...

Sounds like you are experiencing the "culture shock" of most missionaries. I know I experienced it when I did my internship (luckily it was before the mission - so good practice.)

You have some pretty awesome pictures there though!