Friday, March 20, 2009

Bonjour de Paris!

Bonjour!!! We have made it to Paris. We have been here now for two days. Lets just say our first day was not the best day. We landed about 6:30 am Paris time, and at this point we were exhausted and ready for bed. Well, the Parisians decided to go on stike that day, however, it ended up not being too bad, it was just very slow going through customs. We had thought that the metro would be shut down, but it ended up not being shut down. Well, we decided to take the metro to our little vacation rental. So we hauled our luggage, up and down and all around the metro. Well with all of that business I had my wallet stolen. Stupid!!!!! Well luckily we noticed it was gone not too long after it happened, so we hurried and called the bank and cancelled my debit and credit cards. The best part is, they were probably looking for some fast cash, but haha on them, I think I had a grand total of two cents in my wallet. Hopefully, this is the worst that will come out of the situation. Well so we went to our apartment and took a nap. By this time we had been up for more than 24 hours and were exhausted. After our nap, we went to the Arc De Triomphe, which happens to be right outside our little apartment rental. It was closed due to the strike, so we weren't able to go up, but we still were able to go under it and look around. After our little visit to the Arc De Triomphe we walked down Champs Elysees. After our nice little stroll we tried to go to Musee D'Orsay, but it was closed as well. Well crap! Our first day was really kind of dissapointing. Well it just keeps getting better. On our stroll back to our apartment down the Champs Elysees, I have to go to the bathroom. So we stop at a little eating joint on the way. Well then of course, something that would probably never happen to anyone else, of course happens to me. I get locked in the bathroom stall. And unlike wonderful American doors that have a space between the floor and the door there is in France, no space in which to crawl under. And the door of course can't be cheap like our bathroom stalls in America, no it has to be nice heavy wood. Well, so the lock gets broken and this is why I can't get out. So I shake and shake and try and get out, all the while there are several people in and out of the bathroom. I call out for help several times, and finally someone comes to help me only they didn't speak English and I don't speak French, but she grabbed someone to come and break the lock to get me out. I was so humiliated and was tearing up a little because I was so humiliated and so exhausted. After that I told Aaron I wanted to eat and go to bed, so that is what we did.

Arc De Triomphe
Tomb of the unknown soldier underneath the Arc.
Aaron, the river Seine and view of the Louvre.

2 comments:

gcotharn said...

Young, in love, and in Paris! I am very happy for you.

Why no photo of the offending bathroom stall?

Moral: never go to the toilet without a phrase book.

Story of writing on a bathroom wall:
http://thebloggess.com/?p=1923

Kim said...

I'm sufficiently jealous...