Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day Five - Chateau de Chantilly and the Ballet

Monday Aaron and I took the train to Chantilly to go and see this Chateau that I have been dying to see since I last saw it nearly ten years ago, only that time I didn't get to go inside because I was cheering in the New Years Eve parade there in Chantilly. It is a very beautiful Chateau and I really love it. However, I think the outside of the Chateau is more impressive than the inside. Plus it really kind of stunk in this Chateau. It had a lot more wood inside of it, and it also had a lot of dead animals in there hanging up on the walls, so between all of the really old wood and dead animals it had a special kind of fragrance that I was not very fond of. It was really fun going back and remembering how we ended our parade there in the courtyard of this chateau.



Chantilly is also well known for its horse races and they have this really large super nice building that in itself looks like another Chateau, but is really just a very large, exquisite stable for horses. It was kind of a bummer, but they open this up and have all sorts of things going on starting April 4, so we missed a lot of excitement that goes on here. On the bonus side, one thing that I really loved about our trip to Chantilly was the escape from the crowds and noise (and cigarette smell) of Paris. It really was a nice break from the craziness of Paris.

The horse stables

Aaron surprised me with tickets to the ballet. Aaron took me to the Nutcracker for our anniversary back in December, and unfortunately made me a fan of the ballet. We went to a ballet last night after we got back in from Chantilly. The first dance was well, it really wasn't very good at all, it was a bunch of men doing something, I really wouldn't call it dancing, I am not sure at all what to call what they were doing. However, after that it was good and I really enjoyed this once in lifetime experience. Don't I just have the best husband ever? I think so.



2 comments:

Kim said...

You guys look great in the ballet pic - very happy!

Anonymous said...

The chateau is very beautiful! Sorry about the disappointing inside. You do have a great husband, but Aaron has an awesome wife.