Monday, April 27, 2009

Randomness

So today I've really felt like blogging, not that I have anything to even blog about, I'm really just trying to avoid all this work that has been piling up around me at home. I went to work in the morning, came home and spent more time typing notes for work since I'm so behind on my casenotes. Well, I'm really sick of doing that, so I thought today I'd blog about everything and nothing.

Aaron is almost done with school, one more final on Wednesday! Yay!!! With that said, today I really hate attorneys. I had a run in with one today that really made me mad, and another attorney who I'm pretty good friends with told me I was looking fat and needed to go buy some new court clothes. This attorney I know pretty well and we have a good working relationship, so that isn't why I hate attorneys today, but just so you know that was NOT the highlight of my day.

So on to the randomness. I've been craving really weird things, like potatoes. My mother in law Lynn who is an amazing cook has this recipe for three different types of potatoes that is to DIE for, well in a nutshell I started craving this particular potato dish. I searched and searched my recipes and could not find it. Do you know how mad that made me!!!! Luckily she saved the day and she emailed me this recipe, and I'm going to be so happy when I eat these potatoes that I was craving!! (Thanks Lynn!)

Another tidbit of randomness. Do you have a food that you both love and hate. I do. It is bagels. Yes, you heard me bagels. Why would anyone love and hate bagels? I'll tell you why. Because they are so good, you can't stop with one. They have a delicous chewiness and texture to them that is irresistable for me. This is why I never buy them. Because before I know it, I've eaten the whole package, all six of them, in like two days. Not to mention, you have to put cream cheese on them. Well today someone brought in a big bag of a variety of bagels and various cream cheeses. When the announcement came overhead that someone brought in bagels and cream cheese, I was both delighted and angry. I know how much I love bagels and how it is for me to stop. So the love and hate start all over today. Okay, so I thought I would eat only one, so I enjoyed my personal favorite, plain bagel with vegetable flavored cream cheese. Can I tell you how much I enjoyed the wonderful chewiness of my bagel! I was covering court for someone else today at the last minute so I left happy thinking oh good, I have to go, by the time I get back from court they will be all gone. Well you know what, they weren't. So I had another plain bagel with vegetable cream cheese! Gosh dangit!!! If someone had brought in doughnuts, that I can pass by without even blinking. People bring in doughnuts all the time, a couple of times a week. Do you know how many doughnuts I've had in the last year? I think one, maybe two. Why? Because I can resist doughnuts, but not bagels. The other thing, apparantly the opposite is true for others, the doughnuts are gone in the blink of an eye, but the bagels linger, which leads me to one of my thinking errors..... "I don't want a perfectly good bagel to go to waste." Well that is just fat thinking right there!

Anyways, onto my last note of randomness. I love my bunnies. Run and hide, crazy bunny lady is coming out again. They make me so happy. I love in the mornings when it is Remy's turn to be in the kitchen, because he runs at dangerously high speeds around the table, knocking into the chairs and walls as he goes around. It is what he does for fun, and it is so cute to watch, it just makes me laugh. Then there is Cooper. He must be feeling neglected lately. All day Saturday he followed me around like my own little shadow, he was wanting lots of love and attention. And since I've been home today, he seems to want my undivided attention, he wants lots of love today. It makes me happy in the mornings or when I get off work when they perk up and get happy when I get home (mostly because they want their food and treats), but still, it is always nice to have someone happy to see you. I forget how nice they are to have around finals too, when I have to spend the day all by myself. I felt that it was a nice coincidence that Cooper wanted to be near me all Saturday, because I was feeling lonely here all by myself, and it helped to have him around to pet and get my mind off of certain things. Anways that's all. Hope all is going well with everyone.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your blogs, you have so much to say; some of which makes me chuckle. That picture of you and your rabbits is so cute, I love it! If it makes you feel better, bagels are a much better choice that sugar.

Kim said...

I'm glad you blogged - I love reading what you're up to. I have lots of foods that are just like bagels for you. Pretty much anything with sugar, actually. And soup. For some reason I always eat a ton of soup, even if I'm full.

And I love the bunnies! That picture is darling, and from what I've heard bunnies are a great pet for babies.

Amy said...

Congratulations you guys! We actually found out about our first in Italy two years ago, so my wife can commensurate about the poor options of bathrooms in Europe.

What are you off to next after school? Are you guys going to make it to the BHS reunion this summer?

Later,

Darrell

darrellsonntag@gmail.com

Jessica Davis said...

Ummm...Lays regular potatoe chips, chocolate licorice, almond m&m's, rasinettes, milk...the list goes on. I pretty much just can't stop eating. I have to stay away from these things especially now as I work toward my goal. But I just wanted to let you know I completely understand where you are comming from.