Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Milestone 2 - The final final


Today was a major milestone in our lives. Well, mostly Aaron's life, but hey, I like to give myself a little credit every now and then, after all Aaron does have such a nice, sweet, awesome and supportive wife! Haha. Anyways.....Aaron took his last final ever today! Yay for him!! He did it, he made it to this point in one sane piece. These last three years have had so many ups and downs for Aaron, and he has handled it so beautifully. I have seen many a bald patches on his face from his stress hair pulling, and I know he has faced a lot of discouragement and frustration throughout this process. I am so proud of Aaron and all of his hard work and determination. But you know what? I am mostly so proud to have a husband who is so thoughtful of me and does his best to spend as much time with me as he can, I am really so grateful for this. I know that I am truly blessed in this respect that Aaron tries so hard this way. I have so many thoughts about law school, but mostly I am in awe. In some ways, it has definitely felt like three years, and in other ways it has flown by. It is no secret that it was hard for me to be away from my family and friends, but after the first year it was so much easier, and I know that it has also been good for us as well. In many ways I am so glad that we got to leave Utah and experience Oregon, even though it was a lot more expensive moving up here, it has also been a great experience. While I will never miss the weather here, I will desperately miss the day trips to the Oregon Coast, the falls and other fun and beautiful places that are so close. I will also miss the berries and the berry picking. The thing that always makes me feel better about moving back to Utah is thinking of this new little baby we will be having, and how nice it will be to have our families be able to be more involved. I love our families and our friends and want our baby to know all of you. I also want to thank all of you for your love and support while we have been here in Oregon. I especially want to thank my mom and dad for all of their help (in so many ways) for helping us get through law school and helping me through so many things.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats, congrats! What an accomplishment - I bet you guys are celebrating right now. :)

So when are you coming back? I'm excited to have you back in town - or at least the state. Hopefully we'll be able to get together more often than in the past.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, both of you!

Christina said...

Congrats to both of you! I met someone from Aarons school the other day. I will have to remember the name and tell you later.