Sunday, September 21, 2008

Oktoberfest

Yes, Aaron and I are still alive, although we don't have anything to really blog about. Last weekend we went to Oktoberfest in Mt. Angel, which is a really tiny town about 20 minutes outside of Salem. It is a nice little quaint town. Nothing too exciting happened. We ate some mediocre food and had an interesting dessert. Last year the bratwursts tasted better. I don't think we went to the best place. Then for dessert we ate deep fried oreos. They were....interesting. I think that this is putting it politely. I actually liked how it made the Oreo kind of warm and goey, but we did not like the batter it was fried in. At least when I die and I can say I tried deep fried Oreos. It was fun though to get out and walk around the little town of Mt. Angel. They had some cute little booths set up and some cute stores around town. They also had a gigantic catholic church and it was pretty cool. All in all, it was a pretty good evening, even if it seems the only reason people go to Oktoberfest is to drink huge amounts of beer, which we as teetotalers did not do.

Our deep fried Oreos.



4 comments:

Kim said...

Yikes, deep fried oreos sound disgusting. It's probably one of those things you have to try just to say did. Bragging rights, eh? It sounds like you had fun though. I haven't been to Oktoberfest around here for a long time!

Christina said...

I know how much you love Oreos so that was probably so disappointing!

Kim said...

I may have never gotten drunk at Oktoberfest, but I have eaten myself stupid at the Fest in Offenbach. Then I rode a huge spinning disk that bobbed up and down, got sick and then watched my companion break his ankle when he tried to run as fast as the disk would spin. Oktoberfest is great.

Kim said...

Okay, I have to defend myself. The last comment was actually posted by Josh. Clearly I never had a male mission companion. :)