Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

This weekend we celebrated Labor day by taking a break from our labors and went back up to Seattle after I got off of work Thursday evening. Mama Jane and Papa Doc (Aaron's grandparents) were on an Alaskan cruise so we went up to see them while they were in Seattle. I also was able to finally meet Aaron's uncle Bob and aunt Peggy who I had not yet met. We were only able to visit with them briefly because they had a long 10 hour drive to get back home to Montana. Mama Jane and Peggy gave us a briefing on their cruise which only made me want to go on a cruise even more. Incidentally, I was talking to my dad on Sunday and he informed me that my uncle Elmer and aunt Lea were on the same cruise.

Here we are: Papa Doc, Aaron, Marjean, Peggy and Bob (Mama Jane was taking the pic)

After Bob and Peggy left for home, we went to Pike's Place Market. We braved the crowds and Mama Jane bought us some more of the awesome blueberry syrup and also some chocolates which were divine. Then we went to lunch at a little place inside the market which happens to be where they shot a scene in the movie Sleepless in Seattle.

This stool I am sitting on is where Tom Hanks sat in the scene. The little plaque says that, but you can't really read it. I guess I will now have to watch Sleepless in Seattle.

This last picture is at Pioneer Square Park. The old part of Seattle was burnt down in this area, and they just built on top of it. This monument is dedicated to Seattle's firemen who have died in action. Thank you Mama Jane and Papa Doc for the wonderful time! It was great seeing you again!

Today we went on a picnic at the park. After Aaron and I set up all our blankets and got the food all set out and were loading up our plates with food, I asked Aaron to pass me the BBQ pork. Unfortunately, that was the one thing we forgot. It was pretty funny. So we ate what we had and then went home and finished our BBQ pork sandwiches. But before we went home, I had a craving for these little blueberry truffles that Sees Candy has. Since we were just a little ways away from Sees we thought we would stop by. Unfortunately, they were closed, but we did meet a man who kept asking us for money and then threatened to mug us if we didn't give him any. Anyways, it was quite the afternoon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun weekend. You and your blueberry fascination, it makes me chuckle. Of course, I have to admit it can be hard to get enough of a good thing. I might have to watch Sleepless in Seattle now, I can't remember that part of the movie. Love ya!

Jessica Davis said...

You look super cute in your pics. I am glad things went really well and you had a great time. I need to call you so we can chat!

Christina said...

Marjean, I love all these fun adventures you guys take. It makes me want to travel more! I can't see Elmer on a cruise, to bad you didn't see them. Way cool that you got to spend time with grandparents!

August doesn't have a blog he sent an email, I will forward it to you. They are probably coming to Nash's blessing.

Jaclyn said...

that looks like fun. how are you doing up there? yeah i am liking twilight. i don't get much time to read it but i love it when i do. i am almost done with the first book. it's taking me forever. having kids doesn't give me much time for reading.