Monday, July 28, 2008

Family Fun

Okay, so all of you will have to bear with my long blog this week. Last week, part of my family came up to Oregon to visit. My mom and dad, my sister Melissa and her husband Jared along with the rest of the troop: Preston, Rye, Ashlyn and Megan. We had such a fun time, I only wish it wouldn't have gone by so fast. They flew into Portland airport Tuesday morning and we came back down to Salem. We had a quick lunch and then took the kids to the Enchanted Forest here in Salem. I think the kids enjoyed this and they seemed to have a fun time. Preston, Rye and I rode the log ride, and they were very excited about it. I could tell on the ride that Rye was getting a little nervous, but he even thought it was a lot of fun.


This is Ashlyn and I cruisin down one of the fun slides at the Enchanted Forest.

This is Preston, Rye and I going down the log slide and the next picture is our big splash which the boys thought was pretty awesome.

The next day we went to the Oregon Coast, which was the kids' first trip to see the ocean. Since the water is freezing, we spent the day playing in the sand, which I guess the kids thought was pretty fun.

This is Megan digging a hole in the sand. She loved playing in the sand! I got the biggest kick out of this, she is pushing her foot down on the shovel. (She knows what she is doing.)

Preston, Rye and I in front of the sand castle that Preston built.

Poor Grandma Hurst was freezing at the Oregon Coast. For starters it was not the warmest day, but mom was freezing. She had on one long sleeve shirt, two sweaters and a blanket. But she was a good sport and sacrificed a lot so that the kids could have a fun day on the beach.

The next day we spent the morning at The Gilbert House, which is a children's museum. After that we took everyone to see Silver Falls.

Thank you Dad and Mom for making this trip a possibility!!! Thank you Melissa and Jared for coming!!! I had so much fun, and it was so great to have some family around, we don't get too many visitors, so this was so great!

6 comments:

Christina said...

I want to come visit! Oregon is soooo pretty! You all look like you had a ton of fun. So I will be in Blanding today for 1 1/2 months...pray for my mom and I to get along well.

Kim said...

I love long, picture-y posts! You are so darling with your nieces and nephews! Sounds like you had a really fun time. Maybe someday we can make a visit up there. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog! We had such a great time! Thanks so much for being such wonderful hosts and showing us a great time. We had such a memorable trip, and the best part was being able to spend time with you and Aaron. Thanks again!

Christina said...

Mojo, your mom is soooo sweet, she brought Nash over a gift. I love your family! I miss you tons, I wish you were here in Blanding, we could have some good times. Have a great day!

Jessica Davis said...

So Fun! I bet you were so happy to see your family and show them all around Oregon. Your nieces and nephews look like they had a blast. They are all so cute and they have grown so much! I miss you!:( Hopefully I will see you around Christmas time. I will have a new little girl so how could you resist right?!

Unknown said...

Hey! YOu live in Salem? THats so cool. Its so prety there. Erics family lives there. We went to the falls last summer I loved it! Maybe when we go up there next we will have to let ya know!