Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Busick Court, Chick Flicks vs. Football

So, I know it has been a long time since I have last blogged. Things have been so busy lately, but unfortunately not fun stuff, just catch up work. But I had one glorious day on Monday, I have to say! I went into work for a couple of hours on Monday and then Aaron and I went to Busick Court, a little place in downtown Salem that only serves breakfast and lunch. It is a little place, and I mean little, but they have such good breakfasts! We went there when I got done with work and had a scrumptious breakfast, then we went on campus and Aaron got a few books. (This was not the fun part by the way.) Then we went home and I was so tired so I took a nap while Aaron watched the Olympics. I slept for two hours!! Can I just say how fantastic that was!!! I was so tired, and I haven't had a nap in ages. Then wait, it just keeps getting better! I've been wanting to see a good chick flick, and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 came out and I wanted to see it. Now, for all of you who don't know, Aaron and I have a bargain, a compromise so to speak, about chick flicks and football games. Aaron does not like chick flics, and I don't like football. What is a couple to do? So we made a deal. For every football game we see, a chick flick is also seen. Since football season is coming he took me to see this movie. Okay, so it was a real cheesy movie, but the longer I work with depressing things and situations, the more I love the cheese! I know Aaron really hated the movie, but he is such a wonderful husband and took me to see the show. Thank you babe for the wonderful day, I had so much fun!

6 comments:

Christina said...

Marjean you deserve a fun day like that after all the poop you deal with at work! Oh how I wish I could take a nice long deep nap! I never believe people when they said that goes out the window after kids....IT REALLY DOES!!! So take this time and enjoy it!

gcotharn said...

I understand your feelings. I have married acquaintances, and the husband has a wasting away disease, and the wife now refuses to see movies with much sadness in the plots.

Josh Butt said...

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants huh? All I can say is, THAT IS LOVE!!! I think I would have to sit out a season rather than submit to those terms.

Jay Jones said...

Naps are so nice sometimes, huh. That's a good idea with the footbal/chick flicks thing. It sounds like you have a very nice husand and I'm glad that you had such a Great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Marjean! I want to see that movie. Aaron, you are a great husband.

Jessica Davis said...

Oh, you need a little cute and corny every now and then! I liked the first one so I'm sure I'd like the second one too. It sounds like you had a very fun and relaxing day. You deserve it!