Sunday, July 13, 2008

Berry Picking

So, I know it has been a long time since I have posted. I just haven't had anything to post for quite awhile. It has been so crazy trying to come back from vacation and deal with the messes that were waiting for me at work, plus I just couldn't think of anything to possibly blog about. (Not that this will be a very exciting blog.) So, Aaron and I like to watch the food network channel. Aaron had been watching the other day and found a recipe he wanted us to try. So we got online and printed the recipe. Lucky for us, we live in berry country, because the recipe called for a lot of strawberries, rasberries, and blueberries. It was a very expensive recipe. So yesterday afternoon we decided to go a berry farm and pick berries. We went to a farm close by and did the U-pick thing, so we could get the berries for super cheap.

This is me in the raspberry patch.

This is Aaron in the newly planted strawberry patch. Even though the plants are tiny, they still had strawberries, but we were not allowed to pick these.

View of Mt. Hood from one of the Strawberry patches. I don't think Mt. Hood shows up well on the camera, but you could see it really well in real life. (Guess you had to be there).

This is me in front of the blueberry patch. I'd never seen a blueberry bush before, but blueberries were very easy to pick, and I really liked that part of it, especially since I am crazy for blueberries. (I picked a lot of extra blueberries)


Our goods we left with. It was a great deal. We paid only $3.00 for these berries; if we had bought these in a store, it would have easily been around $15.00.

Last night about 11:30, Aaron decides we needed to make the dessert right then. So we stayed up until almost 1:00 am, making a berry dessert. I would have taken a picture of the dessert, but it's not a pretty dessert, though it tastes good.

Here's the recipe for Summer Berry Pudding.

4 comments:

Christina said...

YUMM! That looks like a fun outing! I have never been berry picking...have to try it someday!

Jay Jones said...

Marjean! Hey, that is so cool that you have a blog! I have never seen blueberries growing for real before either! That looks awesome! We grew 3 raspberry plants this year, that pale in comparison to that place! Looks like fun! I'm glad that you and your husband are doing good! Our blog is www.jmjonesfam.blogspot.com but it doesn't have anything really interesting....hmmm.... anyway, it was fun to see your blog Marjean!!!

Michelle

Kim said...

We love watching the Food Network! I'd bet Aaron and Josh like the same shows. :) (Ace of Cakes is the favorite, nothing that has Giada de Laurentis or Rachel Ray.)

And those berries look fantastic! Berries down here are insanely pricey right now. We might attempt to grow some next year. We'll see.

Josh Butt said...

What was to recipe. Hook a fat boy up!