Monday, April 28, 2008

HELP!!! Wanted: Good Hairstylist

Today is Monday, therefore it is my day off. It seems my day had been full of activities that are supposedly to improve my appearance. I had a chemical peel at the dermatologist office first thing this morning to help with my acne, and then I went straight to get my hair cut. My regular stylist (if you could call her that, I've only seen her three times) is on vacation for several weeks so I went to another lady. (Might I add this is about my tenth different stylist I've tried since moving up here). Unfortunately, I have sort of a high maintanence cut that needs trimmed and shaped ever four or five weeks. You know, I used to think that it wouldn't be too much to ask to find someone who could do a very basic hair cut while managing to keep up an appropriate conversation. I am finding that this is more and more impossible to find the longer I have been in Oregon. These are the days where I really miss my amazing and talented friend Jessica. She always did a good job on my hair and I never went home near tears after she was done with me. It used to be one of my favorite things to do. I liked going in, she would wash, cut and color my hair and we would talk and it was so fun. She is really good at her job and has a real talent for making whoever is getting their hair done feel comfortable. I'm discovering this is a rare ability among hairstylists. Yes, I frequently miss Jessica, but lets face it, the days that I get my hair done are the days that I wish more than anything I could have her cutting and coloring my hair, and then we could go out an do something fun. Oh well. Needless to say, I think it was kind of comical because my next stop was the grocery store where my hair was well... interesting.. and because of my peel I had no make up on because I have to go the rest of the day without it. Needless to say I'm sure I was a fright to look upon, but thank heavens for modern day hair helps like good pomade, hairspray and my Chi flat iron!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica Davis said...

I missed your call today. I was outside gardening all day untill late! Sorry! I now know what you were calling about though. I wish I could just fly to Oregon and do your hair. Then we could go out to lunch and a movie! Hopefully you will move back to Utah someday. When are you visiting again anyway? I will call you tommarow so we can chat!

Mikelle said...

Hey Marjean

I feel for you, not only have I heard that it is hard to find a good stylist in Oregon but how EXPENSIVE it is. Hope all is well.