Monday, March 31, 2008

Cooper and Remy

Yes, I think it is finally time to put up a blog about my cute little adorable bunnies, Cooper and Remy. (I warned you didn't I?) Cooper is the white and brown rabbit and Remy is the all brown rabbit. As I mentioned on my first blog, we adopted these rabbits from the Humane Society. I first picked out Cooper because the moment I laid eyes on him, I fell in love with him. Aaron and I decided on Remy together. Cooper was originally named Dagwood at the shelter and Remy was named Clarence. Barf. I wanted to name them Tank and Scooter, which now Tank would be a very appropriate name for Remy as he is very fat. I named Remy, why I chose that name I can't remember, I just thought that it fit him. Cooper was named by Aaron. He named him Cooper because it is the French equivalent of Thumper, just pronounced differently, and Cooper is a French lop, so it worked. Cooper from the very beginning has been a very loving and affectionate rabbit. Remy on the other hand is another story. I am 99.9% sure that he was very abused. First, he was found in a dumpster, that is how he came to the shelter. Then, he would flinch and duck away from any movement and would run away when you even tried to approach him. Building trust with him has been a long and slow process, but has he ever made progress! They are both so cute and it is nice to come home and play with them because they love you no matter what, and it helps in dealing with the stress of the day.


3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

you guys are sooo cute. i love bunnies. i used to have 5. hope you are doing good! we miss you.

Jessica Davis said...

Cute pics of you and your bunnies! Plus I got a peek of your house! Looks very cute. Wish I could come over and visit you!

gcotharn said...

I am Aaron's cousin who lives in Ft. Worth. Love to see the pics of you guys, and the pics of the coast, and to get a sense of your life. Thanks for the blogging.