Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patricks Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! If all of you were up here in Oregon with me and looked out the window, you might even believe you were on the emerald isle, because right now it is unbelievably green (something not many people from Utah can put their minds around the idea of this much green) but alas, it is just Oregon. Let me just say a few words about Oregon. As much as some days that I would hate to admit it, sometimes I really do love it here. I am accustoming myself to this area. Oregon is absolutely beautiful! I will periodically post some pictures of places Aaron and I have visited here to show all of you how wonderful it is to vacation here and maybe some of you will want to come and visit us. I am really glad that we live in Salem, as opposed to Portland. Salem is a great location, it is central to see so many things, and as most of you know I am still a small town girl at heart, so I prefer a place the size of Salem as opposed to a place the size of Portland.







Unfortunately, for me, the big downside of being in Oregon is not having my family and friends around. If anyone knows even a little about me, knows that this is the most important thing in my life. I was lucky to have grown up with parents who stressed the importance of family relationships. Recently I was lucky enough to visit my family and Aaron's family. It had been too long without seeing them. Since I do not have kids of my own, I live vicariously through Lynn and Melissa's family and now Paul and Mikelle's family. Of course I cannot not post pictures of them, after all it is my family.


My siblings

Me and the boys, Rye, Tate and Preston

Me and the girls, Ashlyn, Megan and Reese (not the best picture, but the only one we were lucky enough to get)

The Stringers (Aaron, Marjean, Joe, Lynn, Rachel, Annika, Paul, Mikelle, Sydney) (The picture is a little tilted, its not you.)


4 comments:

Jessica Davis said...

Wow! You are fast. Another post already! Very cute too! Love to see all the fun pictures.

Jaclyn said...

hey marjean. these pics are so cute. hope you are doing well

Unknown said...

hey marjean its juliet j's sista i just found your blog, you guys seem like your doing great!!! Congrats that he is almost done with school and your bunnies are super cute.

Jessica Davis said...

Tag your it! Go to my blog to see what you will be blogging about!