Thursday, June 2, 2011

Family Fun

I really cannot believe that it has been over a year since I have blogged. I am going to try and do better so that I can have some kind of journal for what is going on in our lives. The last few months have been filled with family. I can't help but think of the song by Phil Vasssar "Just another day in paradise." Life has been full of small and maybe to some insignificant events, some good, some maybe not so good, but all in all they make up the fabric that is my life, and I wouldn't change that for anything. I often reflect at night when I go in to watch my daughter sleep, that even the simplest things in life, when my daughter gives me a kiss and hugs me tight, or her laugh and giggles are more meaningful to me than any other external reward I ever had. When all is said and done, my relationships with others is what I have, they are the things that are not replaceable in life. Things you can replace, people you cannot. The more I live the more I come to realize that is our relationships with others that sustains us. Fortunately, we both have great families, and we have spent the last few months seeing some of our family.

Piper and her Papa on the boat ride to Alcatraz

Piper and Aunt Andrea

Piper and great grandma Penrod


Piper with Mama Jane and Papa Doc

Piper and her cousin Paysen

One of my favorites: Piper and her Nina reading together. Piper is named after her, she is so lucky to have her for a grandma. Even though you can't see their faces, I love this picture, I just think it is so sweet.

Piper and her cousins dancing in their princess gear.

Piper may not realize it yet, but she has some awesome people in her life who will help her along her path. She has so much enjoyed visiting with her family and is quite the trooper. On our way back from visiting Aaron's mom she developed ear infections in both her ears, but handled that quite well considering.


2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

yeah, your back on the blog. i need to do better too.

Kim said...

Such cute pictures! You guys do have some good family support.