Thursday, February 12, 2009

Anniversaries

So, I've literally had nothing to blog about. Well I guess I have had some exciting things at work, but they are exciting in a bad way and not in a good way and I can't say anyways.... I did have a TPR (termination of parental rights) trial this week, that I didn't end up having to testify at which I was very happy for. Yay for me!! Yay!!! (Can you tell I'm happy about that?)

Anyways.... enough of my rambling. I have had nothing to blog about for a really long time. We don't have kids, so we don't have kids to brag about, or post their cute pictures, or their funny sayings, and I don't want to be too crazy and blog too much about my bunnies and then be that weird bunny lady.... So today I decided I would do a tribute, even though it is cheesy and overly sentimental, but I literally have nothing else to blog about.

I woke up this morning and had this nagging feeling about today like there was something going on. Well I realized later in the day that four years ago today, I went on my first date with Aaron. Now Aaron and I are not overly mushy that way, but I have to admit I thought about it a lot today, and have felt really sentimental all day. The truth is, Aaron has changed my life more than I ever imagined any one person could. I love him more than I will ever be able to express. I love so many things about Aaron. I love the big things: his intelligence, his sense of humor, his wittiness (and knowing when to keep his mouth shut when he has something very clever, however inappropriate to say), his kindness, his patience, his faith, his ability to love, his ability to actually listen, his insightfulness, his confidence, yet not cockiness, and I could go on. I also love the little things: when he sings Weezer songs in the car, how he tucks me in at night because I have to go to bed earlier than him, the way he pulls his hairs out of his chin and creates bald spots on his face when he is stressed, his ability to cook a mean omelette, his laugh, the way he teases me, how he watches chick flicks with me, and I could still go on. It really has been the best four years of my life.

Aaron and I went on our first date to a U of U basketball game, since I really like college basketball. Then we went out and had dinner. That's when the date was supposed to end, but then we watched a movie and then sat up talking until 4:30 am. (Shocker, I know, I am now having a hard time getting him to talk a fraction of that!) Anyways, that was our first date. The best date ever!

Since then a lot has happened, life has changed for us, but it keeps being wonderful. Aside from all the other bumps or challenges in the road, he is still my best friend and I love him!



4 comments:

Christina said...

Marjean you will always be that crazy bunny lady to me! CRAZY MARJEAN! I love your guts. This was a sweet post, I remember after that first date with Aaron you were so happy. I am so glad you found that person that gives you so much joy in life! He is a great guy!

Chelle said...

That was fun to read. I haven't ever met Aaron but it was fun to read about his fun personality! You guys are so cute! I hope you guys have a Happy Valentines Day!!!

Jessica Davis said...

You two are cute together. I remember you were on the phone with me when you met Aaron for the first time. Don't worry you will have a little one to blog about and post pictures of soon!

Anonymous said...

I remember when you first told me about Aaron, you were smitten after that first date. True Love! You and Aaron are a cute couple!