Friday, October 30, 2009

She's FINALLY here!!!

Well, I know it has been a full week since our little Piper was born, but I am finally getting around to blogging about it. Last week was for obvious reasons quite eventful for us. Tuesday Aaron was sworn into the Utah courts and so that was a great milestone for us. After the ceremony I had my weekly OB appointment and we got great news. My doctor asked me if I wanted to be induced, that he felt that this would be appropriate. I was so excited, I probably scared him, because I was so excited. I just wanted to give him a hug. He scheduled me to go to the hospital the following night (Wed) around 8:00 pm. We went into the hospital and they got me started. It was a long night, mostly because I didn't sleep at all, but also because they told us they would break my water around 12:00 or 1:00, but it didn't happen until 6:00 am. This was kind of discouraging for both Aaron and I, since it slowed things down more than we would have liked. Well to make a long story short, after 20 hours of labor, I hadn't dilated anywhere close or even made improvement over those 20 hours. When my doctor walked in around 4:20 Thursday afternoon to check on me, and I saw the look on his face, I knew he was going to tell me I was going to have to have a C-Section. He told us that we would have to go by C-Section, that for some reason I just wasn't progressing like I should be and that he didn't feel comfortable letting me go any longer with such little progress. I was devastated and so discouraged and I tried so hard (but mostly unsuccessfully) not to cry. But I also knew that at least it would be over. Right after that the anesthesiologist came in, gave me whatever it was that they give you and wheeled me into the operating room and she was born at 4:54. I was amazed at how fast everything happened from when my doctor came in to when she was born. I cannot describe how I felt when I first saw her in her dad's arms. Of course for all of you who are mothers know exactly how I felt. I was so overwhelmed with love and I just started crying, but at least these were happy tears.

Our new family and first family photo
Beautiful baby Piper 7 lbs 12 oz 21 inches

So sweet.

7 comments:

gcotharn said...

Congrats, you guys.

Christina said...

I have been waiting for this post! Way to go Marjean and Aaron she is a BEAUTIFUL BABY!!! I am sure it was hard to have the c-section but she got here and that is all that matters. Call me sometime when things slow down. I would love to talk.

Karen said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! Bryce told me the news and I had to check your blog to see a pic of her! I hope you two are loving life as parents!

Chelle said...

Congratulations!!!! Yeah!!! She is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Good job!

talonandanna said...

congrats! she's darling! certainly has some hurst in her. :) oh & i had to laugh when i discovered the name.... i bet your mother hates it. LOL i just remember when we told her treyden's name, she balked at and rylan too i'm sure. she's a character! keep the pics coming!

Jeff Trump said...

Hi Marjean!! Congratulation on your new beautiful baby girl!! We wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!! To someone who has done so much for us and our family!!!! Love Jeff & Lori Trump

Surya World said...

nice blog!

Engineering Colleges in India